Black Bean Brownies
So good that your friends and kids won't even know that they are good for them!
Makes 9-16 brownies, depending on desired size
gluten-free, paleo, dairy-free, yeast-free
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cacao powder
- 4 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted, (or melted butter)
- 3/4 cup raw honey (or 1 cup xylitol or other preferred sweetener)
- 1 teasp. vanilla extract
- 3 eggs (preferably pastured)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 teasp. salt
- 1/4 cup water (or more or less, as needed)
Preheat oven to 350F.
Blend all ingredients together in Blender (I use Vitamix) until nearly smooth or smooth
Grease 8"x 8" baking pan with coconut oil. Pour mix in prepared dish.
Bake 40-45 min until set in center.
Allow to cool on rack 10-15 min at least, better completely. Cut in squares.
Be careful lifting the squares out of the dish, they tend to fall apart unless very cold.
Keep in the fridge (I like the brownies best cold out of the fridge.