As they say, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. I’m happy to report this post will help in either scenario.
To Prevent the Common Cold:
- Take Cold-Pro 2 Caps at the first sign that you might get a cold unless contraindicated
- Wash your hands after each visit to a public area
- For sore throat, take Zinc lozenges as soon as possible (they should be astringent to have any effect)
- Increase your Vitamin C intake if you’ve had contact with other people who have the cold (3 x 1 g or more – ask your physician if taking more than 2 g/day)
- Keep the air in your home moist by using a humidifier or drying moist kitchen towels
- Don’t smoke
What to do if you already have a Cold?
- Continue taking ColdPro 2 x 2 caps unless contraindicated
- Continue taking Vitamin C as needed
- If your sinuses are plugged, try a nasal irrigator pot to rinse out the sinuses
- For laryngitis, sinus, and chest colds do a head steam bath with chamomile tea
If you have a fever over 39°C (or any fever more than 3 days), are immunocompromised or have any other serious health conditions consult your physician before taking any supplement!