Should you take Probiotics?
Over 2000 years ago, the ancient Greek Philosopher and Physician Hippocrates said: ”All disease starts in the Gut” and “Let food be thy medicine.” Much of that holds still true today. We all know that it is best to eat unprocessed foods—especially fruit and vegetables—to improve and maintain our health.
Did you know that this may not be enough? More and more in the past few years, it has become known that the bacteria in and on us (the microbiome) play a major role in our overall health.
The food we eat plays a big role in our health and nowadays most food is grown in soil devoid of many microorganisms because of chemicals used to keep pests and weeds down and use of chemical fertilizers missing magnesium and trace minerals.
This is why many people choose to take a probiotic supplement or are thinking about it. But do you really need a probiotics? The short answer is: Most people do.
Here are 7 signs:
you may need a good probiotic supplement or need to eat fermented foods (like raw sauerkraut, kefir or organic probiotic yogurt) regularly:
- Did you ever take antibiotics or are you currently taking them? These – although they can be life saving – destroy the normal microbiome. (That’s why many people get diarrhea while or after taking them)
- Do you have stomach problems like bloating, gas, cramps, diarrhea or constipation? Your gut microbiome may be out of sync.
- Is your skin itchy and breaks out all the time? You may require a new skin-care regimen or you may suffer from food allergies, your microbiome may be the issue.
- Do you feel moody or “blue”? The bacteria in the gut produce neurotransmitters which are essential for good mental health! (If you are experiencing severe depression or if you are having suicidal thoughts visit your doctor.)
- Are you exhausted or fatigued all day? The reason may be your microbiome
- Are you overweight, crave sugar and processed foods? Your gut bacteria may be to blame!
- Do you have chronic allergies, food allergies or chronic inflammation?
As always don’t forget to ask your physician or other healthcare provider before you start a new diet or supplement! If you’re ready to buy, try these great probiotic options from CanPrev available right here at DocChristine.com!
[products limit=”2″ columns=”2″ ids=”1689, 1650″]