Are You Suffering from Birthday Anxiety?
"Philosophical" Deliberations after turning 60 years old... - Living My Best Life!
Whether you are turning 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80 or anywhere in-between, many people are afraid to get older.
Here are a few of my thoughts from turning 60 recently...
Let me know what you think ! Are You Living Your Best Life today?
I posted this on my FB profile after over 300 people wished me a happy birthday this year.
I am sure all of them kind, friendly, caring people like you and I.
Many of them are - like many of us - scared or at least apprehensive of getting older.
Below I am sharing a few thoughts about my recent turning 60.
Turning 60 is no different to me than any other birthday or just another day.
For many, though, it seems like a milestone, like more than half of their life is already over.
Are you suffering from birthday-anxiety?
What really is behind it?
What are you scared of?
Possible reasons behind birthday anxiety
- Is it that the end of life gets closer and forces us to think about that our life will end?
- Is it that this also forces us to re-evaluate our life so far and think about what it has been so far,
- if it was what we expected (probably not) and
- if we surfed life’s waves well and came out still standing
- Or, like myself and many others – life’s waves crushed you, threw you down, and hopefully, you – like me – were able to swim back up, stick out your head, take a deep breath and get back on board…
- Is it that we start to think about what to do with what’s left – an amount of time that’s uncertain in length (as it always has been, but we may not have thought about before)
And then we think about other things that can make us Feel anxious and depressed...
- …that there is much left to do – to achieve – and we may not have the time – or the strength – to do it all…
- …that we failed to do even more – that may have made our life – and that of others better.
- …and that we did things that made the lives of others around us – as well as our own – worse.
- …we realize that we only have 24 hours in each day left to do the things we want to do.
What Can We Do to help Us Feel Better?
Here is my conclusion:
Forgive yourself for what you did and still will be doing wrong - most of it was unintended, without malice and a reflection of our own imperfections.
Go forward with the faith and courage to do every day, every hour more of the things that matter to you – and others who care about you and who you care about.
I love all of my friends and followers - in the personal space and here in the web and on social media generally.
The world has expanded, but the inside of each person is still small – and at the same time limitless.
In this sense, remember, no matter how old you are: It’s NEVER TOO LATE to start living your best life!
"The world has expanded, but the inside of each person is still small – and at the same time limitless." Dr. Christine Sauer
Be The First To Get Notified of New Information, Videos, Podcast Episodes, Tips, Special Offers and FREE Stuff!
100% secure. No SPAM! You can unsubscribe anytime!